This policy is to ensure all drivers and passengers are safe when traveling in a 001 Taxi, given the current Covid-19 outbreak.
We have developed a series of processes to follow to negate the risks generated by traveling in a Taxi.
• The driver should thoroughly disinfect before and after each journey.
• The drivers/passengers should wear masks throughout the journey where possible.
• Hand sanitiser should be available in the car, for both driver/passengers
• Windows to remain open to maintain ventilation were possible
• When carrying 4 passengers in a saloon car ( it is advisable if the passenger sitting in the front wears a face mask)
• When carrying 8 passengers in a minibus (it is advisable if the passengers sitting in the front wear a face mask)
• Drivers should advise the office if they have any covid -19 symptoms and self-isolate for 10 days or been in contact with someone who has symptoms.
Whilst traveling in 001 taxi passengers please ensure that they follow these guidelines.
• Wear a mask, and any other PPE to feel comfortable where possible
• Use contactless payment where possible.
• Make the driver aware if you are unwell or have Covid 19 symptoms
• Passengers to ensure they sit in the back seats where possible (it is advisable if the passenger sitting in the front wears a face mask)
• Must not travel in a taxi if you have Covid 19 symptoms.
Those who have an age, health or disability reason for not wearing a face covering should not be routinely asked to give any written evidence of this, this includes exemption cards. No person needs to seek advice or request a letter from a medical professional about their reason for not wearing a face covering.
We hope if we all follow these steps we can make travel safer for everyone and limit the spread of Covid 19 stay safe.